Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Same time zone, different season

¡Hola desde Lima, Peru!

I have just taken a shower and had a cup of coffee...so I think it is fair to say that I have settled in my new home. True from the start, this trip is definitely an adventure. I got to the airport very early with my mom yesterday afternoon. After saying goodbye in the gorgeous A terminal of Reagan National, I went through security in the B terminal.

Because my parents trained me well in checking and rechecking my flight status I noticed that my trip to Miami had been "cancelled". A tad bit on edge, I approached the AA desk for the earlier Miami departure and crossed my fingers. The attendant actually whispered to me that he was only able to switch about 10 people on the earlier flight and sent me running (literally) out to the baggage claim to pick up my luggage and recheck it in at the AA desk.

After a lovely airport jog with my not-so-light suitcases, I was rebooked on the earlier flight, my luggage was checked, I returned through the security check-in, and sat in row 7. In the end, the plane left only 5 minutes before my originally scheduled flight.

So, the only other impressive highlight worth mentioning was the fact that Hulk Cogan (sp?) was in the Miami airport. The man stands out like a sore thumb on stereoids.

Okay, I need to unpack and get to know my surroundings a bit. I must say, it is nice needing to wear my winter jacket again:)

No comments: