Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pre-Departure...Withstanding the heat of D.C.

HACE CALOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I think it is fair to say that I'm really looking forward to the cold weather that awaits me in the mountains of Peru. Right now I'm waiting to have my visa cleared by the Embassy of Peru in Washington, D.C. It's a lovely 95 degrees with humidity "a full".

My flight leaves from Reagan National on Tuesday, August 8th and I arrive in Lima at the crack of dawn (or before???). I've been told to look for a guy who will have my name on a white board in the airport. As of now, I plan to stay in Lima for roughly 2-3 weeks to get things done with my contacts at the Catholic University of Lima as well as the National Council on Decentralization.

If you'd like to see the casita that I will be staying at for the first weeks, check out their website : http://www.geocities.com/miki_dg

No comments: